ESCAPE 1500-I WOOD INSERT TRIO (35 FT)
Is this wood insert qualified for a Tax Credit?
Consult the eligible models list.
Everything you need to know about the 26% Tax Credit :
It covers the cost of the appliance, chimney, air distribution ducts, labor for installation and related material.
Please note that all heaters will be delivered via curbside delivery.
* Some conditions apply. Please read our shipping policy.
Combining performance and respect for the environment, the Escape 1500 is the perfect choice for heating homes up to 1,800 ft². With only 1.26 g/h of particulate emissions, this non-catalytic wood insert gives off up to 65,000 BTU/h while largely meeting EPA standards. The Escape 1500 is the perfect way to update your masonry fireplace, and make it efficient!
Included: 6'' liner kit (35' Vortex flexible stainless steel liner, connector, 13'' x 13'' top plate, chimney cap with no screen), 29'' x 44'' faceplate, blower, ceramic glass, ash lip, air damper
- - Burn time up to 6 hours
- - Up to 18'' logs
- - 1.9 ft³ firebox
- - Robust 5/16'' steel
- - EPA certified
- - Proudly made in Canada
- - Limited lifetime warranty
- - Weight : 396 lbs
Options: firescreen, fresh air intake
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area (9)||500 - 1,800 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||1.9 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||1.44 ft³|
|Maximum burn time (9)||6 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (4)||65,000 BTU/h (19 kW)|
|Minimum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||15,650 BTU/h (4.6 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||23,300 BTU/h (6.83 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV) (5) (6)||70 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV) (5) (7)||75 %|
|Optimum efficiency (1) (2)||78 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (8)||74 %|
|Average particulate emission rate (3)||1.26 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||58 g/h|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144 CFM included|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to back unit||5 3/4"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||12 3/4"|
|Type of chimney||Liner - ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height||12'|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 1/4"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||21 1/4"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||22 3/8"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||17 1/4"|
|Door opening size (Height)||8 3/4"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||15 3/4" x 9 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||19 5/8"|
|Firebox size (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||13 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||18"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Height)||21 1/2"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Width)||27 1/2"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Depth)||12 3/4"|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Shipping weight||360 lb (163 kg)|
CLEARANCE TO COMBUSTIBLES*
See user manual for other installation requirements.
|Clearance - Combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
|Clearance - Combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearance - Combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearance - Top of the unit to a 12" combustible mantle shelf||27"||27"|
|Clearance - Base of the unit to ceiling**||84"||84"|
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
1. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
2. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
3. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
4. The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
5. As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
6. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
7. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
8. The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
9. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
10. Carbon monoxyde.